Notice: This blog post originally appeared on the EasyWeddingSearch PRO blog – content may be out of date – the post has been archived here at weddingmarketing.co.uk for historical purposes.
Mobile phone traffic is growing! And I don’t mean the use of Apps. More and more mobile traffic is coming to YOUR website from brides browsing on their phones. It won’t be long before internet access from smart phones and tablets overtakes desktop computers and laptops.
Are you ready for it? Is your website or blog mobile friendly?
- Google’s research shows that 28% of British mobile users have used their phone to make a purchase.
- 36% of the UK population now own a smartphone.
- 20 million people connect to the web from their mobile phone – up from 14 million in 2010.
- 53% of people who own a smartphone in the UK are using it while watching TV.
- 24% of British smartphone owners use their phones for comparing product price while in shops.
Prepare for the Mobile Rush
More and more brides and grooms will be researching their suppliers and looking for wedding information and inspiration on their phones, iPads and other mobile devices.
Have you checked how many visitors your website is getting from mobile? If you have Google Analytics installed then you can easily check.
You’ll be able to see how many visitors came to your site using a mobile and which device they used to access it.
What’s your mobile strategy? Do you even care?